martes, 19 de octubre de 2010

How green I am?

It's a great question, I had never made that question before. Well, I think I'm "a little green". Usually I don't trow garbage in the street or in public places, and I try to save energy all the time: always I turn off lights and electric households that nobody is using, I drink water in glass (not directly from water valve), and I scold my friends and family when they don't do the same. I say that I'm "a little green" because I do just these small actions, and I could do so much more. For example, I could recycle paper, plastics or organic waste, or I would participate of any eco-organisation... and I don't do that :S

I think recycling habits it must be incorporated from the first years of our life, in the family, in the primary school. If we don't recycle, if we don't limit our energy spends, the planet will be destroy in a few decades. According some research of Green Peace (http://www.greenpeace.org/international/), climate change is a reality more and more dangerous actually, thanks the toxic pollution that it generated for the unlimited activity of the big companies of the world. We, the normal people, can fight against this with public repudiation expressions and with "little" actions like I mentioned before. That is a big problem. We must to take consideration it.

I think that it's a legislation and education problem. Legislation problem because it's in reference to legal limitations of the productive activity of the companies. Our legislative power must to stablish clearly laws on this topic; laws that protect the nature against the economic overbearing activity. And this is a education problem because it's in reference to our daily lifes, with our "little" actions of everydays. We must incorporate green habits in all our activities.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario